Thursday, September 9, 2010

Arriving to Cordoba

Getting to Cordoba was a lot longer trip than expected.  It took 28 hours from the time I left to go to the airport to when I actually stepped foot in Cordoba.  I arrived in Madrid at 7:30 a.m., about a half an hour ahead of schedule, but that didn't really matter because by the time I took the metro to the bus station there wasn't another bus to Cordoba until 2:00 p.m..  So I waited for about four and a half hours, and then sat on the bus for another four and a half hours.  I was able to hold my own in conversations with the Spanish I knew, except with the older lady sitting next to me on the bus.  She is from Cordoba and the Andalusian dialect she spoke was entirely different from what I am use to.  She never pronounced S's, and her lisp was almost comical.  I was exhausted by that time and her constant talking put me to sleep.  Once or twice she even woke me up to point something out, and then kept talking like I knew what she was saying.  I really had no idea what the hell was going on....  I just wanted to sleep...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instead of Ink © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates