Sunday, September 26, 2010

Life in General

I returned from Cadiz last Sunday with a cold, but a little bit of whisky on Monday took care of that and by Tuesdays I was feeling well again.  I make it a point to go out every night, not always to drink, but at least to meet up with some people and see what´s going on in the city.  You never know who you´re going to meet with so many travelers coming and going.  I am getting into a routine now and Córdoba is beginning to feel more like home.  

The two Spanish girls who lived with us are now gone.  It´s been about a week now and I find myself speaking English more often.  That´s not a good thing, so I signed up for a intercambio.  It´s a program at school that sets you up with someone from Córdoba who wants to practice their English and help you with your Spanish.  I met mine for the first time last week.  Lucky for me she prefers to speak more Spanish than English.  I had to almost force her to speak English.  I look forward to having dinner with her tomorrow.

This last Friday I was suppose to take a tour of the mosque with the school, but......  A little bit of too much fun the night before prevented me from doing so.  There was a Erasmus party at a club and I didn´t get home until six in the morning.  The group going to the mosque was suppose to meet at ten.  Needless to say I didn´t wake up on time.    On the bright side I live right next to the mosque and I can go in for free on Wednesdays so I´ll be sure to make it there soon.  Probably this week.  

I encourage people reading this blog, if there are any, to make comments or ask questions.  This will help me decide what I ought to write about.   

Hasta Luego



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instead of Ink © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates